The Executive Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting. The members then comprise the Board of Directors of the IFPP. The Executive Committee meet at least four times per year and is comprised of at least five full members. The designated roles on the board include, Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. These roles are agreed and voted upon on at the first executive meeting of each term. A quorum of four members is necessary for a meeting to proceed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Legally represents the association
- Provides leadership
- Takes primary responsibility for conference organization
- Approves budget execution and all income and expenditures of the organization
- Provides advice and assistance to succeeding boards
- Maintains the charter of the association
- Facilitates decision-making among the group
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the association
- Has a casting vote
- Assists and supports the Chair as required
- Leads executive meetings in the absence of the Chair
- Provides advice and assistance to succeeding Vice Chair.
- Conducts and maintains voting records of the Executive Committee’s decisions
- Supports the organization in maintaining and keeping an up-to-date membership database
- Responsible for producing minutes of Executive Committee meetings
- Responsible for producing minutes of the Annual General Meeting.
- Supports the maintenance and ongoing development of the website
- Manages the communication of the association to members, including sending e-mails assisting the local conference organizers, and managing other member requests
- Provides advice and assistance to the succeeding secretary
- Maintains day to day accounts of receipts and expenditures
- Prepares and presents a draft annual financial report for the Executive Committee for review
- Prepares and presents a final annual financial report for presentation and approval of the General Assembly
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports as requested by the Executive Committee
- Provides advice and assistance to succeeding treasurer
Catherine de Mare
The Education Committee is formed following the Annual General Meeting. The committee meet at least four times per year and is comprised of at least three members including a representative from the Executive Committee. The committee is directed by an elected Chair.
Full, associate and student members may assume a place on this board, however only a full member may assume the position of Chair. The committee are responsible for ensuring that seminars and events are organized and promoted which provide an opportunity for members to access continuous professional development.
Anne O Leary
The Ethics Committee is comprised of a minimum of three members. These members must hold either full or associate membership.
The purpose of the Ethics Committee is to assist the Executive Committee in the establishment, embedding and oversight of the values and ethics of the organization and to ensure the overall ethical health of the organization and compliance with professional and ethical standards.
The ethics committee will liaise with the Executive Committee in relation to any complaints. For further information on the complaints procedure or for access to a complaints form please download the following PDF located here.
The committee is comprised of at least two members who must hold full membership. The committee review and assess applications for membership. The committee also adjudicate regarding the recognition of ongoing academic trainings that members may wish to undertake. Any decisions made are ratified by the Executive Committee.